Samantha B. Literary is thrilled to be eagerly seeking new clients. Every submission is carefully considered, but as a one-woman agency, I am by nature highly selective.
In addition to thinking about whether I can sell the project, I also ask myself questions like, "Do I love the project? Will the author and I work strongly together? How passionate am I about his or her potential?"
After all your hard work, you deserve a true partner in business and a great advocate for your creativity. That's why even if I decline to represent you, that doesn't mean the right agent isn't out there.
Keep writing. Keep reading. Keep telling stories.
- Samantha B. Literary only accepts electronic submissions through the linked form below, and only accepts queries for completed projects.
- Include your query and the first 30 pages of your manuscript. (For picture books or early readers, please include the full text. For graphic novels, 2-3 sample spreads.)
- I respond to all queries, so if you have not heard from me within 4 weeks, feel free to follow up.
- If I request your full manuscript, please allow me 4 more weeks to read and review before checking in.
- If you have received an offer of representation from another agent, please get in touch immediately.
- Samantha B. Literary adheres to the AAR's Canon of Ethics, and does not charge reading fees.